Thursday, March 20, 2014

41st Geneva Open 2014

Video blog day 1:
 - The mornings in a squash house

The 41st version (!) of the Geneva squash open is organized by Mr Bob Lincoln, and makes us commmute between the french and swiss part of Geneva(?what) I dont even get it myself. As our hotel is in a mini village on the other side of the airport from the club.

Weather is smoking and the boys are too. I am paired up with the Dutch rookie delegation and wannabe dutchie Kanye West in a kick ass appartment 10 min drive away from the squash courts.

After 5 re draws, I ended up as the unlucky 1st seed in the qualifying ( no main draw). At least I had a bye in my first round, meaning I won't play until the afternoon today against the winner between a local and an english junior.

The other Big Brother house contestants will play at mid day as Ravioli is taking on Sweetie Eric Garson from England, while Kanye will play Marc to see who will be the resident Rookie for the weekend.


The aftershock:

After a night of good sleep, I finally felt better than I have felt the last 7 months. The mental stress from what we like to call life seems to slowly let go. When the head is on right, it is only for me to focus on squash. and that feels fkin awesome!

Today I played "Doesnt give a shit squash" Just enjoying the moment and enjoying playing again. That worked well for 2 games and I won 11-3, 11-8. The next games, I am not sure what happened, but according to people watching I lost a bit of my sharpness. I saw myself, I crossed a bit too much and my opponent started hitting his shots better. Lost the next 3 close games, but I really don't care. If it is only training required to get better. That I can do. Just very glad I hopefully can perform to a certain level in Italy in May which is the next tournament.

Although there is a tiny chance of a lucky loser spot tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I wanna play now! Havent had that feeling for a while. The other boys in the house did well as well. Marc won both his matches 3-0 and played really well. So did Bart, so both of them are in the main draw against stiff competition tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment