Friday, November 11, 2011

PSA McWil - Vitarade Gdansk Open 2011

My next tournament is in Gdansk in Poland and lasts from Thursday 27th of November until Saturday the 29th of November. I am in the main draw where I am facing a well known training compatriot Bart Ravelli. He is the fourth seed in this tournament and is ranked no132 in the world at the moment.
I have never beaten Bart in a tournament before, and since we are training partners we kow each others games quite well. His most dangerous aspect is his ability to come back no matter how many points you are ahead. he is a very lethal and physically strong player not to be taken as an easy task. However, I know he has been struggling with a hamstring tear over the last period, but I must not let this make me drop my shoulders.

Concerning myself I am now back in training after a pause after the World Open. I will be ready for the tournament in Gdansk, even though the matchform is not 100% at the moment. Along with myself and Bart Ravelli, also Sebastian Weenink will be travelling from the Netherlands with us. He is also a good training partner with me here in the Netherlands, and it is always good for the atmosphere travelling with good friends.

It is important for me at the moment to improve my ranking as I have dropped from 173 to 233!!!!! during the last months. This due to lack of funds which leads to lack of tournaments, money and points. A big reason is also that my world ranking points from my first national win came off as well as good performances in smaller PSA tournament, this time last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment