Monday, November 21, 2011

League Dronten vs Den Haag

This wednesday I had to play league for Flevoparq Dronten as they had home advantage and took on Den Haag. Flevoparq has had a strike of bad luck since the beginning of the season and needed every point in every game of every match to have hope on keeping their spot in the top division in Holland. This round was no exeption as their streak of bad luck continued with our number one Mark Kraijcak having to stand this round out as his car broke down in Luxemburg. Because of this we rented in local hitman Niels Hoevenaars, and myself was moved up to the number 2 spot. Niels pulled off a magical performance saving gameballs and matchballs on one leg in what seemed to be bread and butter for Niels. he won 3-2 at last, and after Sebastian Weenink of Den Haag won 3-0 over Flevoparqs Glenn Keenan it was up to me in the last match against Neeraj Aggarwal.
I lost the first game, as I felt tense and not relaxed at all as Neeraj played much better length than me. He was patient, kept it tight and did not do too much wrong. As the match progressed, I relaxed a bit more, hit a bit better, and found some more juice in the tank to win the next 3 games, even though they were very close. My opponent did not move that well into the front in the last games and I took full advantage of this, even though I felt I did not play well this match at all. Loose or short lengths and TO!MANY!FKKIN!!BOASTS!! This as well as I am changing rackets 2 times a day at the moment makes me a fun opponent to play as half of the time I do not know where the ball is going myself.
But on a day like this it is the result that matters and not necessarily the way I played. The atmosphere was great and Thony and his crew is doing a great job at Flevoparq Dronten. It was enjoyable to play and in front of a lively crowd who seemed to enjoy the matches.

For TV and newspaper coverage see:
http://www.omroepflevoland.nl/Sport/85969/flevoparq-squash-boekt-tweede-winst

No comments:

Post a Comment