Sunday, May 19, 2013

Australian tour 2013

19.05.2013

Back at Schiphol, this time to conquer the wallabees down under. I am flying 12 hours to Singapore and from there another 5 hours or so to Perth, Australia. Here I have 1 tournament before I need to get to the mining town of Kalgoorlie, about 7 hours outside of Perth (!) for the second one.
The third and fourth tournament is in Adelaide, where I will depart again on the 13th of June.


Last minute, I dropped out of the top seeds in all the tournaments (I blame Micah Franklin), but I have still been given fair draws, I think. In two tournaments, I will be facing a qualifyer in my first round, in one of them, I face the second seed and in the other I will be playing Micah Franklin (I will whoop his butttttt for bumping me out of the seedings)

Really looking forward to playing these tournaments, and for the first time ever, I will be travelling to an international PSA tournament, feeling ready to play well and put up a good fight. By this I mean that I have never really showed my top game in a PSA, but some things have come together well in my game lately, giving me the opportunity to relax on court and focus on just playing squash. If I lose now, I hope that I still can say I gave it my all but my opponent was just better. Not losing because I mess up

Shit....boarding....... gotta run




20.05.2013

So what I wanted to say was........ After the European championship I had a bit of a dip squash wise. It seemed as if I lost/left my skills somewhere I dont know where. It was like I had to start all over again. Luckily, every session got better and I played some of my best squash again at the end of the week.
Experience tells tales of mental and physical drainage after peaking for a big tournament, which makes sense...

Right now it is 30 minutes past midnight central european time and 06.30 in the morning in Singapore. I had a comfortable flight over, producing a sore and restless ass over 12 hours in the air. Food served was good, but not enough, so now it seems like a little food shopping is necessary. Its only 30 minutes until boarding of my next flight. ciao!

I was met at the airport by local centre owner Don Huffer, who had arranged a ho(s)tel for some of the squashplayers, where we are 5 sharing a room with a living room and a kitchen. All in one really. But it is cheap, very centrally and close to the squashcourts. Groceries done, internet sorted, oriented around the area. Found the penguins, wallabees and koalas. We r a-ok, and ready tozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment