Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Rollercoasters and Rainbows

You crash you burn, you collect the ashes and pick yourself up, your on top of the world, in the basement, struggling, floating on clouds, when it rains it pours and sometimes money do grow on trees.

The last months of my life could be described from a number of different angles.

One the one hand.... My biggest sponsor pulled out, I had 2 jobs waiting for me after the holiday where one was given away to someone else for some reason, and the other one took 3 months to get started, only to not get started at all :( Im homeless, no money and no job. I'm injured and have the flu, covered with a nasty cold, I have a nasty rash in places where the sun don't shine and have a loan that will be downpaid in 30 years....if I start paying it now..which I can't...at all

On the other hand... The beginning of the year was the best year of my life, my squash has reached a better level than ever. Sun has followed me all over, and had a great week in Belgium with the national team, a fantastic week working in Norway the week after, giving lessons, courses, classes and the week after travelling to Italy for the European Club Championships playing squash with good friends and hanging with one of the best ones, Maggi in Bologna on the last day. I have a great girlfriend, family and friends who got my back. My friends Rob Grant, Steve Finitsis, Cigany, Karen and Jeannot has housed me, My mum has sponsored my squash, the squash federation and my squash club Hafrsfjord has sponsored the trips in the last months. My injury is recovering well, the flu is letting go, I am starting a new job in a new place in Haarlem next week, I will be starting to play league, which will keep me fed from week to week until I get into my new job. And in this period I started my own company and did my taxes in Dutch.



No comments:

Post a Comment