Sunday, January 1, 2017

Put the middle finger up

Any athlete knows that the greatest fuel to the fire is someone telling you that you cant do it.

You get a cocktail of anger/stubborness/grit/Immashutyouuphater kinda sensation through your bones

"No one recovers from ME" "Its a chronic condition" "You will have to live with it" "You will never play squash on any level again"

- Well fuk you, then I will do the opposite of what you tell me

After 2 years of research I have found the cure. Although there are many subcategories of ME, I found what works for me. Its a long process and it requires a dicipline of that of a top athlete. I need to remove all factors of stress in life. That is not easy post 2000s

But now, 2 years after and going from not being able to walk stairs, to playing my first tournament today, I am making great steps forward and looking very positively to the future.

It is not a PSA tournament or anything of that level. It is the club championship at my local club that I won 3 years ago. At the moment I am at a level where I can play 2 times a week with B players, so it should be a perfect step to see what my body can manage. I will have to play 4 matches in a day which is quite extreme for my body even though all the matches will not be hard. I just have to listen to my body and retire if needed. Hopefully it all goes well.

I also signed up for the national championships in Norway in January. No expectations offcourse, but mostly just to play again and to see all my friends again. Its sad how you lose contact with so many people when you dont play anymore.

If things go well I have a distant goal to make the team  for the european champoinships around march/april carried on a cloud of hope, grit, determination, muscle memory and middle fingers

4 comments:

  1. Bra skrevet Kim Are! Og lykke til i NM!! :-) Hansi

    ReplyDelete
  2. takk gutta!!! sætt æ veldi stor pris på ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!!! Thanks For Sharing..
    Are you fed up from playing with same old type of non-customized Squash Rackets? Are you looking for customized Squash Racket? It’s all available at just a click: Squash Racket || Squash Racket online

    ReplyDelete