Friday, October 19, 2012

Memories... pt.1: "Grimstad"

So I was Googling myself... Yes I admit it. I DID IT!

And I found some pictures I did not see before, and this triggered some nice, and some not so nice memories from my squash past.

So I thought I would share some of these glittering moments with you, and trigger some memories for some of you as well :))

This is the first part of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly squash memories

We start with a good one:

 
 
This picture was taken in a Norwegian Tour Cup final called Sørlandet Open in Grimstad, south of Norway.
Myself, Sindre,  Niclas,Thomas and Karianne stayed in Niclas' cabin, where midnight dips in the pool caused direct hypothermia
The tournament was played the 16. 17. and 18. of September, in the year of the Monkey 2009 (I think... :/) It was the period when I just started challenging the no1 spot in Norway, and it was still tight between myself and a few national players.
I got to the final without dropping a game and faced my Nemesis" Kristian in the final, and after a classic Tie break in the 5th game, I won by the skin of my teeth. I believe it was 12-10 or 13-11 in the last game.
 
Reason for the victory tasting extra nice was because it was my birthday on this day, and I lost the last Cup final against Kristian.
My mum had asked the tournament organizer to arrange a big plant with dollars and chocolate on it and a big chocolate medal saying no1" What if I lost? Would be slightly embarassing :P
 
The squash guys also arranged a cake.. or more like a cake bottom with heaps of cream on it. I saw it coming a long way and it ended up in my face.
 
After I was given a warm plastic cup of beer and Joined Sauna master Eivind Strømsvåg in the sauna, where he had been for the last 90 minutes with a six pack.
The beer was horrible, and the smell was worse as I dragged some cream with me in the sauna.
 
At the banquet we were faced with bottles on bottles with champagne for the birthday child, a great dinner and a free bottle of wine shared with my friend Daniel Hilde.
 
Bjørn Borg played Bongo drums, Jan Tore Nilsen wanted us to feel the inside of his pockets for nuts.... pistachios it turned out to be... people were in a good mood.
 
We hit the club, "Dynomite" was playing loudly, of all us kids, (mostly 18-20 years old) Kristian (31) was the only one asked for an ID.
 
Bjørn Borg brought his bongos and set them up next to the DJ. The were well used. Øyvind Steen played with his head, Niclas slept in the car, and my legs were killing me from a hard day.
 
Drinks were spot on, Kristian thought he was mr Popular, but he didnt notice, as he was held up at the door, that the woman next to him, tried to get with every other man in the club before he entered.
 
aaaaaaaahhh.. what a great weekend that was. hohohohoho

 

No comments:

Post a Comment